The people of CrossWalk are not a perfect people. We are flawed just like every other person you know. We don't care much for religion, but our faith is very precious to us. That faith is based upon our relationship with Jesus Christ. We come from all walks of life, but our common bond is our love for Jesus. Our motto is "Walking a Life of Passion and Purpose for Jesus Christ." God did not give us life to simply live day to day, wandering about in a state of meaningless existence. Life is a precious gift to be experienced fully as God intended. We rely on Him, by His Spirit, to enable us to live productive and effective lives that honor God and reflect our gratitude to Him.
We believe that God made each and every one of us special and He has brought us together to serve Him in ways that will impact this community for the sake of Christ. Do you know why you are here? What is your purpose for being? Many people haven't a clue as to why they exist. People can only know their purpose as they come to know the One who has created them. We invite you to come and visit with us.
As a fun group of people who enjoy life, we are growing together as the Lord leads us. We are on the adventure of a lifetime and would welcome your presence with us on this journey. We are a congregation affiliated with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. We subscribe to a document known as The Essentials of Our Faith which denotes basic beliefs that we believe are essential to the Christian faith. The following is the Essentials of Our Faith: All Scripture is self-attesting and being Truth, requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. The infallible Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is a complete and unified witness to God's redemptive acts culminating in the Incarnation of the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks.
On this sure foundation we affirm these additional Essentials of our faith:
- We believe in the one God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. To Him be all honor, glory, and praise forever!
- Jesus Christ, the Living Lord, became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He who is true God became true man united in one person forever. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. On the third day He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Mediator.
- The Holy Spirit has come to glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to our hearts. He convicts us of sin and draws us to the Savior. Indwelling our hearts, He gives new life to us, empowers and imparts gifts to us for service. He instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
- Being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness, our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God's free grace. God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, thereby justifies them in His sight. Only such as are born of the Holy Spirit and receive Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
- The true Church is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit are united together in the body of Christ. The Church finds her visible, yet imperfect, expression in local congregations where the Word of God is preached in its purity and the sacraments are administered in their integrity; where scriptural discipline is practiced, and where loving fellowship is maintained. For her perfecting, she awaits the return of her Lord.
- Jesus Christ will come again to the earth -- personally, visibly, and bodily -- to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. "Even so, come Lord Jesus." (Revelation 22:20).
- The Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations. Obedience to the Great Commission requires total commitment to "Him who loved us and gave himself for us." He calls us to a life of self-denying love and service. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10).
Below Below are pictures of some of those who joined us in this adventure back in December of 2004. The vision they had continues today as we seek to live for Him..."Walking a Life of Passion and Purpose for Jesus Christ."
On the first Sunday of each month we have what we call "CrossWalk Cafe," where we host a luncheon for the congregation and our guests. In the spring and in the fall we have what we call "Franks on the French." We grill hot dogs down by the French Broad River and people share sides and desserts as we enjoy the glorious surroundings the Lord has provided. He has blessed us with over 13 acres which includes some 490' along the banks of the river. Below are some pictures taken June 4th, 2017.